Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Welcome!

Welcome to the Royce Brook Golf Club Agronomy Department blog. It is odd, writing this knowing I'm speaking to no one. Will that change? Who knows. But in my short three weeks here at Royce Brook I've seen as much if not more member and guest engagement than I've seen in 17 years as a Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.  I think we do an interesting job as Golf Course Superintendents and so far it seems there is plenty of interest from our guest. I thought this would be a fun way to share what we are doing on the course as well as give those of you interested in golf course maintenance some added insight. I think you will find that I'm pretty available on property, especially to those who play here often, but this will serve as an extra avenue to get information out about the whys, hows and whens of the RBGCAD and maybe, if you ask nicely ( lol ), answer some questions. This will also act as an another form of documentation for myself moving forward. 

Since my arrival we have tried to catch up on the detail work that was being overlooked. In particular, we have made a conscious effort to spend more time and energy on bunker complexes, especially around the greens. I think we are making progress and a few of the members have given us positive feedback about it. 

Bunker rakes ... we are in the process of removing any broke, bent, or otherwise damaged bunker rakes. So if you end up in a bunker with limited or no rakes, there is a reason. At this point in the season it doesn't make sense to put new rakes out. 

What a beautiful place Royce Brook is. I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone that plays here that. I'm happy and thankful for the opportunity at RB!  

Be on the lookout for the two Bald Eagles frequenting the area around the cell tower!

Some recent pictures ...

#1 post bunker clean up:



#11 post bunker clean up:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Aerification update!

 I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! The week before Thanksgiving we aerified fairways and DryJected greens on both courses.  The DryJec...